Year of establishment: 2009 Current Intake: 120
The department of computer science and engineering was started with an objective of imparting quality education, inculcating moral and ethical values among students to carry out leading-edge research in the discipline of Computer Science. The alacrity of the faculty to teach makes easier for the department of computer science and engineering to produce top-notch engineers.
The mission of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is to empower every student to be creative and productive in the field of Computer Science and Engineering by quality education and inculcating human values and also to seek academic excellence by providing high-quality instruction.
The educational mission of the CSE department is met by offering a current curriculum that incorporates both fundamental principles and recent discoveries in computer science.
The research mission of the department is to be pursued through outstanding faculty, who aggressively develop promising research initiatives, and also provide research opportunities for students.
The department strive continuously to formulate and spread knowledge through teaching, learning, and research; to enhance Sagar Institute of technology SITECH with the latest computer science technology, in meaningful and sustainable ways.
Short term goals…
- To get consistent excellent results in both theory and practical.
- To have Industrial Tie-ups with MNC’s for Projects and Placements.
- Provide programs and services, to promote success and enhance the level of intellectual attainment of our students.
- Attract, retain, support and develop excellent faculty.
- Provide opportunities for our students to engage in research.
- Provide opportunities for our faculty and students to engage in professional consultancy services to the industry.
- Conduct more national level activities as techno fest, workshops and seminars.
- Encourage students and faculty and do more in house projects.
Long Term Goals …
- Establishing the research laboratory with state of the art infrastructure with latest technology.
- Collaboration with multinational companies for good Academic and industry relationship
- To take up Research projects from Government and other Funding Organizations.
- To take up consultancy works from leading IT industries.
- To have research tie-ups with internationally reputed institutions.
Value added Programs…
- In order to strengthen the teaching – learning ambience and to prepare the students to meet the challenges of the global work environment, the department has taken up several initiatives like officering value added courses. In addition to the regular theory and lab course work, additional content and training are given to students to equip them to meet the demands and challenges of the industry. Intensive Soft Skills training program and Extensive counselling sessions for students
- Faculty allocation is done based on their skills to suit the best abilities of faculty.
- 100% planning of teaching and syllabus coverage in a semester is done in advance. Student manual pertaining guidelines is given to each student on very fist day of semester.
- Syllabus review is a regular feature. Support is given to faculty members having problem in coverage and teaching.
Student Activities …
- Seminars are compulsory for each student. Students are allocated faculty guides to prepare the seminars which are evaluated by a team of senior faculty.
- Department has CSS Association and CSI Student Branch with strength of 75 students as members.
- Students are encouraged to participate in contests organized by other institutions.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Experience|
|1||Mrs. Santhi Priya||Assoc. Prof & HOD||M.Tech||10|
|2||Ms. P. Amba Bhavani||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||4|
|3||Ms. J. Suneeta||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||5|
|4||Mr. A. Raju||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||4|
|5||Ms. B. Naga Santhi||Asst. Prof||B.Tech||1|
|6||Ms. S. Shireesha||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||9|
|7||Mr. M.Praveen Kumar||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||4|
|8||Mr. B.Mahesh||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||3|
|9||Mrs. G. Mamatha||Asst. Prof||M.Tech||2|